Shun Classic Blonde Bread 9"
After a chef's knife and a paring knife, some cooks say that the knife they most can't live without is their bread knife. If you're looking for a new bread knife, this blonde-handled version of Shun's Classic Bread Knife is a beautiful choice. Don't ruin a fresh loaf of bread by squashing it beneath the blade of a dull knife. Instead, use the wide, “low frequency” serrations of the Shun Classic Blonde Bread Knife to simply glide through crusty or tender bread. The undulating serrations provide the power you need to gently saw through a crusty loaf without tearing the tender interior. And it works equally well on very soft breads and even pastries.
- Slice tender or crusty breads with no ripping, squashing, or tearing
- Proprietary VG-MAX cutting core is wear and corrosion resistant, strong, and very fine-grained to enable a razor-sharp, long-lasting 16° edge
- 34 layers of stainless Damascus cladding each side (68 total); support the core, add stain resistance, and help food release from the blade
- D-shaped blonde PakkaWood® handles are comfortable for both left- and right-handed users; durable, beautiful, and won't harbor bacteria
- Full composite tang for light weight and perfect balance
- Handcrafted in Japan
- Blade Length 9 in. (229mm)
- Blade Steel VG–MAX
- Blade Steel Layers 69 layer Damascus
- Blade Edge Serrated
- Handle Material Blonde color PakkaWood®
ABOUT SHUN LINE
The Shun Classic Blonde series features our 69-layer Damascus-clad blades and PakkaWood handles in a light, beautiful natural wood tone. They are ultra-sharp, durable, beautifully balanced, and simply magnificent to behold.