Shun Classic Blonde Master Utility 6.5"
This unique-to-Shun blade style is rapidly becoming one of our most popular knives. Shun combines the agility of a utility with the all-purpose capabilities of a chef's knife in a single knife. Extra width at the heel and a slightly curved belly enables rocking cuts to easily mince herbs and spices. A larger handle provides a secure, comfortable, and confident grip as you work. The Shun Classic Blonde Master Utility has a downturned tip (similar to a kiritsuke) that is extra durable. Yet, with its 6.5-inch blade, the Master Utility comes in at a compact, very easy-to-handle size. Slice, dice, shred, or portion; you can do it all with this beautiful, functional kitchen knife.
- Combines the nimbleness of a utility knife with the do-it-all capabilities of a chef's knife
- Proprietary VG-MAX cutting core is wear and corrosion resistant, strong, and very fine-grained to enable a razor-sharp, long-lasting 16° edge each side
- 34 layers of stainless Damascus cladding each side (68 total); support the core, add stain resistance, and help food release from the blade
- D-shaped blonde Pakkawood handles are comfortable for both left- and right-handed users; durable, beautiful, and won't harbor bacteria
- Full composite tang for light weight and perfect balance
- Handcrafted in Japan
TECH SPECSBlade Steel VG–MAX Blade Steel Layers 69
- Blade Steel VG–MAX
- Blade Steel Layers 69 layer Damascus
- Blade Edge Non-Serrated
- Handle Material Blonde color PakkaWood®
ABOUT SHUN LINE
The Shun Classic Blonde series features our 69-layer Damascus-clad blades and PakkaWood handles in a light, beautiful natural wood tone. They are ultra-sharp, durable, beautifully balanced, and simply magnificent to behold.