Shun Premier 4 Pc Steak Set
The right steak knife can make a good steak taste even better. The key is in keeping more of the flavorful juices inside the steak. A razor-sharp knife, like the Shun Premier Steak Knife, will glide through the meat, cutting fewer of the capillaries in the steak and keeping more of the flavor inside, where it belongs. This set of four beautiful Shun Premier Steak Knives are a perfect five-inch length; long enough to handle even the largest steak, yet short enough to provide excellent cutting control. This four-piece set is ideal for a small dinner party. The Shun Premier Steak Knife Set comes in an elegant box, perfect for gift giving or storage.
- Fine edge cuts more cleanly that serrated, is easier to re-sharpen when needed
- VG-MAX cutting core; the latest in the VG line of “super steels”; wear resistant, corrosion resistant, holds a fine, sharp edge; 16° each side
- 68 micro layers of Damascus cladding look beautiful, support and protect the core
- Hammered TSUCHIME finish helps release food easily when cutting
- Walnut finish, contoured Pakkawood® handle; offers comfort and control; resists moisture
- Handcrafted in Japan
ABOUT SHUN PREMIER LINE
The Shun Premier Steak Knife is part of the beautiful Shun Premier line, which calls to mind the hand-forged knives of ancient Japan. While each knife still takes at least 100 handcrafted steps to complete, the materials Shun uses are among the most advanced in the industry. Each blade has a cutting core of Shun's proprietary VG-MAX “super steel” to take and hold a precision edge. The layered Damascus cladding supports the core and provides additional stain resistance. Near the edge of the blade, where the steels meet, an undulating line is formed—similar to the hamon formed when samurai swords are tempered using a traditional clay-baking technique. The hammered tsuchime finish acts like a series of hollow-ground cavities to reduce drag. The handles nestle comfortably in the hand, while the embossed end cap adds balance and beauty.